This morning every news outlet across America is priming the pump for President Obama’s upcoming State of the Union Address. It appears this administration believes hogs can get cleaned up with a good dose of statistical magic and some bright red lipstick.
White House spokesman Eric Schultz recently said that Obama’s upcoming schedule will be part of a “three week run-up” to the address that will “highlight the progress we have made in the economy.”
The State of the Union speech is scheduled for January 20 on Capitol Hill.
What Schultz didn’t bother to tell us is that with the full $1.1 trillion dollar “CROmnibus” funding in place the President’s agenda has much more than a speech planned. (Don’t forget to send your Thank You cards to Speaker Boehner and his traitorous minions.)
The bureaucratic hog washers can’t wait to get their hands dirty as they hone their language skills for misleading the the hard-working folks who are still holding onto their jobs.
Specifically, I’m referring to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics sharing the glorious news that December 2014’s unemployment numbers fell.
The high-gloss front page reads, “The US economy added 252,000 jobs in Dec.” The BLS reported that the unemployment rate dropping to 5.6% is the best employment statistic since 1999.
Thankfully, just in case children are watching Google News alerts, the blood red details have been carefully removed from any mainstream media stories. Here are the details:
- Unchanged – long-term unemployed.
- Little changed – involuntary part-time workers. These individuals, who would have preferred full-time employment, were working part time because their hours had been cut back due to ObamaCare implementation.
- Little changed – marginally attached labor. These were not counted as unemployed because they had not searched for work in the 4 weeks preceding the survey.
- Little changed – unemployment rate for adult men.
- Little changed – unemployment rate for teenagers.
- Little changed – unemployment rate for whites, blacks, Asians and Hispanics.
- Little changed – marginally attached. (Those who are not searching for work.)
- Down – Civilian labor participation. (In December, the employment-population ratio was 59.2 percent)
If each of these statistics show “little” or “no change” and if the number of people working as a percentage of the overall workforce declines, “Where does the great news come from?”
The happy headlines apparently originated from this one tidbit:
- Down – the unemployment rate for adult women. It fell .2%
Do we really believe that the entire 252,000 December hiring surge was composed of attractive retail clerks wrapping gifts and selling perfume for Christmas?
These pitiful statistics are simply the muddy slop from an inept administration designed to camouflage the real issues that American’s face. The real problems are the insurmountable piles of debt being laid at our feet and the ever growing federal bureaucracy.
Here’s the real dirt from the federal pig pen:
- Only 171 million individuals pay income taxes out of a population of 320 million.
- The current U.S. national debt exceeds $18 trillion. (Realtime debt clock)
- Every minute each man, woman, child and newborn citizen’s debt (approx. $56,000 each) grows.
- Every minute each taxpaying citizen’s portion of the debt (approx. $154,000) also grows.
The final irony comes from our betrayal by the Republican led House of Representatives. The House should have defunded ObamaCare, stopped the President’s executive amnesty initiative and reined in the regulatory bureaucracies that are stifling American prosperity.
The last-minute deal between President Obama, the Democratic Senate and House Speaker John Boehner pushed through 1,603-pages of “CROmnibus” funding onto our backs and I can guarantee that no one read it.
The estimates for our individual portion of this particular tragedy range from $450 to $500.
If Americans remain complacent Congress will set to work to repeat their successful strategy of deceit. This $500 bill, like the other $56,000 we each owe the federal hog-washers, will get added to the tabs of our children and grandchildren.
Dear friends, this federal pig-farm is awash in the economic debris of excessive spending, unmanageable debt, and perpetual deficits. The US House fully funded the President’s artful designs and the House is ultimately responsible!